Thursday, June 24, 2010

Internship Adventures at the News-Herald

Hey readers!  My name is Shannon and I'm interning here at the News-Herald this summer.  This upcoming school year I will be a senior at Baldwin-Wallace College in Berea, Ohio.  I am double-majoring in English and Film Studies, and will graduate in May 2011.  I graduated from Willoughby South High in 2007 and have lived in Willoughby all my life.
So far at the paper, I've been lucky enough to cover lots of interesting events, including the strawberry shortcake eating contest at the Kirtland Kiwanis Strawberry Festival and a tele-town hall between President Obama and residents of Menorah Park in Beechwood.  On Tuesday I even had the opportunity to cover an event held in recognition of Cleveland's Korean War vets during which the Ambassador to the U.S. from South Korea, Han Duk-soo, gave a speech.  I have a few more fun features stories coming in the near future, so look out for those and more updates on my behind-the-scenes exploits!
--Shannon Bowens, Intern
sbowens@news-herald.com


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home